Using a wildcard override for name standardization

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

skadiam
Participant

issue when * is one of the tonen in Input pattern override

Post by skadiam »

Hi,

I know this is not related to the current topic discussed but felt that someone can suggest a solution.

I am trying to use input pattern override for name standardization and I am not able to use a '*' astrix in the input pattern (eg. F*+G). It throws an error when testing the input data with an '*'

Can anyone suggest a solution for this. Please revert back asap.

Regards,
skadiam
sk
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

In the future, please open a new topic...

To answer you question, I believe you are trying to use a 'wildcard'. That is not possible in an override. You can:
1. Be more specific with multiple patterns (like FF+G, F++G, FI+G, etc).
2. Use Pattern Action Language. You will not be able to do this on the rules provided with the product - they are read-only. You can, however, copy the rule and then make the change.
Regards,
Robert
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: issue when * is one of the tonen in Input pattern overri

Post by chulett »

skadiam wrote:I know this is not related to the current topic discussed but felt that someone can suggest a solution.
:!: If you are not contributing to the current topic, start a new one. Someone will still be able to 'suggest a solution' without the hijack.

For the record, split from here.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
skadiam
Participant

Re: issue when * is one of the tonen in Input pattern overri

Post by skadiam »

Thanks for those quick responses..I would like to add some more details to my original query..The names that are to be standardized are like MR B ALEXANDER * WILSON and the patter for this is PIF*F

There are lot of cases where I have a low repeating freq. patterns and I thought using input override would be quicker than updating the PAT file for handling these patterns. Since '*' is not being supported in the overrides can you guys suggest me if there are any other options that I can try (other than updating the PAT file).
sk
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Alas no. The universal class is not available for overrides. You might try classifying * as class I (initial) using a Classification override, to see whether that would meet your needs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

What rule set are you using? Most of the out-of-the-box rule sets will strip out the asterisk character from the data (e.g. USNAME, AUNAME, etc)
Regards,
Robert