Match specification - Number of match specifications

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

DSFreddie
Participant

Match specification - Number of match specifications

Post by DSFreddie »

Hi All,

Can you pls let me know how we can arrive at the number of match specifications for a particular requirement.

The requirement is as follows,

We need to group the exact similar records as well as closely matching records (based on different fields) & assign group ID for the records.
Can I have only 1 Match Specification to capture this scenario & multiple passes ?

Pls share your thoughts.

Regards,
Freddie
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Almost certainly, though you haven't really given enough information. There is a limit on the number of passes in a single match specification, which depends on the exact version of the product you're running, but version 8.x should have an adequate number of passes for your requirement (depending on how many "different fields" criteria you have).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DSFreddie
Participant

Post by DSFreddie »

Thanks for your reply Ray eventhough I was not able to read the whole body of your message. :(

We are using IIS 8.5.1. As per the DB estimate size formula,the number of match specification makes a huge difference in the DB Size.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

So what? Make your match designer database large enough. This was not part of your original question.
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DSFreddie
Participant

Post by DSFreddie »

Thanks Ray. Let me give you a somewhat closer scenario which will help you understand the requirement clearly.

We have almost 80 iterations based on the below fields,
SSN FN LN MN DOB Generation

The records with exact similar SSN/FN/LN will be assigned a GROUP_ID.
The records with similar SSN & Partial FN/LN will be assigned another GROUP_ID.

Similarly there are around 80 such combinations & we are supposed to assign different GROUP_ID's based on the scenarios.

Do you think this can be accomplished using one Match Specification. Any thoughts will be very helpful.

Thank You
Freddie